Connecticut Basketball Conference 2023-24 Calendar & Game Rules
- April 2, 2023 Summer League Registration Opens
- July 5, 2023 Summer Season Tips-Off
- August 22-25, 2023: Summer Season Playoff
- July 10, 2023: Club President Summer Meeting 6:45p.m. @Home Field in Essex
- Aug. 1, 2023: Registration Opens for Connecticut Basketball’s 2023-24 Fall Sessions and Winter Season (Travel and High School
- Sept. 10, 2023: Club President Rules Meeting 6:45p.m. @Home Field in Essex
- Sept. 17, 2023: Fall League (HS and Travel) Tips-Off
- Oct. 4, 2023: CIAC Basketball Schedules Released
- Oct. 18, 2023: Winter Pre-season Tips-Off
- Oct. 24, 2023: Registration Closes for Connecticut Basketball 2021-22 Winter Season
- Nov. 21, 2023: Schedules Released for Connecticut Basketball Winter Season
- Nov. 24-26, 2023: Connecticut Basketball’s 12th Annual Pre-Season Turkey Shoot
- Dec. 1, 2023: Connecticut Basketball 15th Regular Winter Season Tips-Off
- Community Service Event: League-Wide Food Drive
- December 25, 2023: X-Mas Day (Winter Recess Begins--No League Activities)
- December 26-29, 2023: Connecticut Basketball Old School Holiday Tournament
- January 1, 2024: New Years Day (Winter Recess Concludes--League Activities Resume 1/2/23)
- January 15, 2024: MLK Day One Day Holiday Tournament
- February 3-5, 2024:
- Community Service Event: Coaches versus Cancer
- February 19, 2024: President's Day--Connecticut Basketball Annual All Star Classic
- February 25, 2024: Connecticut Basketball Regular Season Play Concludes
- February 26-March 3, 2024: Connecticut Basketball Opening Round NIT & NCAA Playoff Games @ HomeField
- March 7-10, 2024: Connecticut Basketball Final Four and Championship Games @ HomeField
- March 15-17, 2024: Connecticut Basketball Playoff Snow Dates
- March 23-24, 2024: New England Basketball Championships in Providence-Tiverton, RI (for our Champions and Runner Up Teams to square off with the Champion and Runner Up Teams in New England).
- March 24, 2023: Connecticut Basketball Winter Season Activities Conclude/AAU Season Begins
2023-24 Connecticut Basketball Game Rules
All games are governed by CIAC high school rules except for the following:
1. Game Logistics. Each game will be scheduled for 65 to 75 minute time slots. A 3-5 minute warm-up period will be allowed prior to each game. Teams are encouraged to stretch outside the gym before their game, if permitted by your host.
2. Length of Game/Quarters. The home team—not the referee--controls the length of each quarter but quarters should never be less than 7 minutes and 8 minute quarters are preferred with a clock that stops. The home team—not the referee—determines the length of quarters. Please note:
· Halftime shall be limited to 3 minutes (and is otherwise a long time out)
· The cessation of play in between quarters shall be no longer than 2 minutes.
3. Ties. There are no ties.
a. If the score is tied at the end of regulation, two minutes shall be placed on the clock. The team ahead at the end of the two minutes is the winner.
b. Overtime will commence with a jump ball.
c. There are no timeouts in overtime—just play.
d. If still tied at the end of the two minutes, place another two minutes on the clock and repeat process until a winner is declared.
4. Fouls. Team fouls reset at the half as in CIAC play for all divisions.
5. Foul Shots. 4th Grade Boys, 5th Grade Boys and 5th Grade Girls may shoot fouls 1 foot inside of the foul line (or otherwise cross the line when attempting a foul shot). Referees are encouraged to call only blatant violations on the foul shooter at these ages.
6. Ball Size. 4th Grade Boys, 5th Grade Boys and all Girls divisions will use a 28.5” ball.
7. Time-outs. Each team shall be allotted one full (60 second) timeout and two 30 sec. time-outs per half—that do not carry over. Either coaches or players may call a time-out.
8. Mercy Rule. There is a 20-point differential rule is in effect for regular season games.
If there is a 20-point differential at any point in the game, the winning team shall not press.
9. Referees. Board certified referees must officiate each game.
10. Player & Coaches Conduct.
a. If a coach receives a technical foul he/she must stay seated on the bench for the remainder of the game.
b. If either a player or coach is ejected from a game, the ejected player or coach shall serve a three-game suspension starting with the next regular season or Connecticut Basketball tournament game. (The Club President representing the offending coach may appeal the suspension with the League.)
11. Parents Conduct. Any parent who enters the court during the playing of the game—including the stoppage of play—shall, at the referee’s discretion, cause a forfeit of the game.
* A copy of these rules be present at each home site.
About Connecticut Basketball
We look forward to seeing you on the court.
Connecticut Basketball @ Home Field
Home Field, LLC
47 Industrial Park Road
Centerbrook, CT 06409
December 25, 2022: X-Mas Day (Winter Recess Begins--No League Activities)